Saturday, December 19, 2015

Watch, Wait, and See

LOOK among the nations and WATCH, be utterly astounded! For I will work a work in your days which you would not believe, though it were told you, Habakkuk 1:5
I will stand my WATCH and set myself on a rampart and WATCH to SEE what He will say to me, and what I will answer when I am corrected. Habakkuk 2:1

The prophet Habakkuk was informed that a work of God was about to begin. Yet the work that was to be done, Habakkuk wouldn't believe it even if he was informed in advance. Sometimes we think we have the Lord figured out. We imagine in our minds the way He will provide, or the doors He will open. We develop a predisposition as to how the will of God will unfold in our lives. But so often things don't go the way we planned. It is in those moments that we come to realize the Lord is much better at writing our story than we are. The Lord told Habakkuk to do three things, LOOK, WATCH and BE ASTOUNDED.  Habakkuk wasn't the one who would be doing the work, God was. The Lord was the one who would do the work that was going to amaze the prophet. The plan unfolding would surpass his ability to understand. At that moment Habakkuk made a decision, he would put himself in a place to wait,watch, and see what the Lord would do. He was going to have to live by faith and trust God.