Friday, February 7, 2014

Put Out the Fires

It was on a Sunday as I was making my way home from church that I saw smoke rising from my neighborhood. This was no BBQ, or chimney burning but an actual fire. As I followed the smoke it was only a few blocks away from my house. I saw neighbors running and fire trucks pulling up. Inside a neighbors garage something had caught fire. Huge billows of smoke flowed out of the garage. We all stood by and observed the brave fire men rush in to put out the fire. 
In the Christian life I have seen smoke rise. There are times when our enemy seeks to start fires around us. Usually they ignite right after a great victory or spiritual blessing. They can cause us to loose our focus and get easily distracted. The best way to handle them is not to overreact, or become fearful, but rather run to Jesus. I found that my God is able to put out any potential threat. The Lord can even use the enemies arson fires for good, because it causes me to immediately turn to my savior. Put out enemy fires with the water of the Word, the power of the Holy Spirit, and prayer.