Saturday, October 26, 2013

Learning to Listen

Your ears will hear a word behind you saying, "This is the way, walk in it, " whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left hand. Isaiah 30:21 

Oh to have our ears tuned toward heaven that we might be able to discern the leading of the Lord. There is so much noise in this world. There are so many voices, and so many distractions, that it can be difficult to put ourselves in a place of attentive listening. However I realize the importance of seeking my Savior. I desire to be led by His Holy Spirit, but I can easily seek to chart my own course. Yet there are places the Lord is leading me that I have never been before. He is to be the captain of my soul, and the Lord of my ways. The Lord promised that if we seek Him we would find Him when we search for Him with all our heart. 

Father open our ears that we may hear you say, "this is the way,walk in it." Confirm those directions by Your Word, and through the circumstances around us. Let Your will be done above our own. For Your way is the best way. Amen