Monday, September 30, 2013

Are You Doubting?

And the Lord said to Moses, “Has the Lord ’s arm been shortened? Now you shall see whether what I say will happen to you or not.” (Numbers 11:23 NKJV)

Moses doubted how The Lord was going to provide meat for the children of Israel in the wilderness. He began to consider the situation through his own limited understanding. He tried to figure out how something like that could even be done. And as he thought about it, it seemed impossible. It is rather astounding to think that Moses doubted, for he had already seen so many miraculous things. The Red Sea had parted. Water had been provided in the wilderness, and the list of Gods faithful miracles went on. Yet like us, there were times when Moses questioned The Lord. 
It's good to know that the Lords arm is not shortened. It's an encouragement to our faith to be reminded that God can do anything. I want to see what The Lord can do, and not limit His work in and through my life. 

Prayer: Lord forgive when I forget how powerful You are. When I begin to look at situations through my limited understanding. Thank You for remaining faithful even when I am faithless. Have Your way and do Your work. Amen