Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Generation 242 Experience

Robert and Anthony of "Generation 242"
I had a great time last night getting to be apart of the KWVE 1hr broadcast called Generation 242. Gen 242 is a call in show for ages 18-35. Sometimes they talk about specific topics and other times they have an open forum.The program is hosted by two great guys named Robert and Anthony. These men have a heart for this generation and are doing there part to be available to reach them. 
I had a chance to talk a little bit about my recent trip to India and some of the exciting things that are going on in the ministry here at Calvary San Juan. Some of the questions that came in were about raising teens. Others were about facing temptation and how to overcome. One other topic that came up was that of depression. You come to realize that there are whole lot of needs out there in this generation. Many are struggling to find meaning and purpose in life. Praise the Lord that we can point them to the answer which is found in the Person of Jesus. 

It was C.S. Lewis that said when he got saved, "I thought I was coming to a place, but I found out i was coming to a person." 

God bless you and if you had the chance to listen in thanks so much!

Prayerfully I will get to join the guys again in the future, it was an awesome blessing. 

PJ