Saturday, December 29, 2012

A New Year

Happy New Year
We had a wonderful Christmas Season this year. At Calvary Chapel our services were truly a blessing. The Lord did some amazing things to which we give Him all glory. As a family we enjoyed the return of our oldest son from Bible College. It was so wonderful to be a family again. Now that Christmas is over, I always start off with a time of reflection. I look back and I am reminded of what the Lord has done, and what He has brought us through. I am so thankful for the Lords continued faithfulness. Over the last year there have been some difficult things that have happened. Like everyone else, I also face challenges. As a Christian Pastor I am certainly not exempt from pain. There are things this last year that have tested my faith and caused me to grow. But I will tell you this, I praise God for them. There have also been some incredible opportunities and blessings that I am grateful for. Now coming into 2013 I am looking to Jesus once again to lead me and guide me into what He has. There are prayer requests that I have brought before the Lord, and trust that His will is going to be done. I have an expectation of coming good this year. I have hope in the faithfulness of my Lord. 

Every new year many people make resolutions, and mine remains consistently the same. To walk closer with the Lord, to love my family, and to enter into all that the Lord has for me this year with faith. I pray that your year will be a blessing as you continue to seek the Lord for His direction. Also the Lord has impressed upon me the thought of Contentment. Learning to be thankful for what the Lord has provided. To be content with Jesus. For to have Jesus is more than anything else I could ever desire in this world. And if that weren't enough, God in His loving grace, has blessed me beyond what I deserve.  Happy New Year!