Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Tis the Season

With Thanksgiving approaching this week, it would seem that the time has arrived, and the Christmas season is upon us. It feels like is came quickly this year.  I pray that as you gather with your friends and family you will be blessed. I encouraged our congregation this weekend that when they sit down to a meal with family and friends that they suggest that everyone share what they are thankful for. And when it comes there time to share, take the opportunity to express how thankful you are for Jesus and what He did for you on the cross. You can mention how he rose again and is coming again. Then give an altar call...well... you get the idea. 
I am thankful for my wife and my kids, and my family. And I am also extremely grateful for my church family and the work that the Lord is doing. May the Lord bless you and keep you this season and you celebrate Jesus!