Friday, October 19, 2012

At Your Service!

At your service! 2 Samuel 9:2

These words, "At your service", were the response to a request from King David by his servant. Without hesitation the servant of the king puts himself at his disposal. With those three words he implies that the kings agenda is his agenda. In essence whatever the king wants him to do he is ready and willing to do. He has placed himself in submission to the king, and is prepared to serve the king. 
As I meditated upon those words "At your service", I realized that is to be my response to my King Jesus. My life is His. When I wake up in the morning, I am at His service. As I go throughout my day I am at His service. I am to be open and willing to do whatever and to go wherever he sends me. I am servant of the King of Kings, not because He has forced me. No, I am His servant because He has saved me. I am servant by choice. It is because of His great love for me that I choose to serve Him. I have found that there is no greater joy than to serve my King. I echo the words of the psalmist when he said, "For a day in Your courts [is] better than a thousand. I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God Than dwell in the tents of wickedness." Psalm 84:10

PRAYER: Lord today I choose to place myself at your service. To serve you with all that is within me. To do my best, being empowered by the Holy Spirit to serve faithfully and wholeheartedly. Use me where You will. In Jesus Name Amen.