Saturday, June 16, 2012

Choose to Love

click link for: AUDIO VERSION


John 15:12 "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.


God in His nature is love.(1 John4:8). The Bible says that,"God so loved the world that He gave his only son that whosoever would believe in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."(John3:16) Jesus said that love was the evidence to the world that we are His disciples. And here we read a moment ago that love is also a command. 
As a believer, I have experienced the love of God in my life. And now I have been commanded to love others. The question arises, "who am I to love?" The answer, "I am to love the Lord with all that is within me. Next I am to love my brothers and sisters in Christ, and third to love the lost in this world." In other words, I am to love everybody. 
Now, some people are easier to love than others. In fact, there maybe some that you have no love for at all, and your reasons may vary. Perhaps they hurt you, they said unkind words about you, or they have shown bitter resentment towards you. What are you to do then? 
Jesus said, ""For if you love those who love you, what reward have you?"(Mt.5:46) In other words, its easier to love those who love you. But then Jesus took it a step further when he said, "But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,"(Mt.5:44)
Love is a choice. I can choose to love, or I can choose to hate. We have been given an opportunity to identify with Jesus. To learn what it is to love as He loved. The bible says the greatest gift is love, and that love is a fruit of the work of Gods Holy Spirit in my life.(Gal.5:22) Oh I am not saying its easy, or that I have it figured out, but it is possible with Gods help. Choose to love. For it is the same choice that Jesus made when came to die for our sins. For the Bible says, "We love Him because He first loved us."(1Jn.4:19)