Wednesday, May 9, 2012

REFLECTING ON ISRAEL TRIP

I am beginning to get over being jet lagged as we just returned from Israel. I wanted to take a moment and reflect upon the trip. This was my third time to the Holy Land, but it was probably the most special for a few reasons. For one thing it was the first time that I was leading a group from our church. In times past I have traveled with other Calvary Fellowships. But this was the first time I had ever had our own group. Also it was special because it was very intimate. There were 19 of us on this trip. We all were in one bus and got to know each other really well. Having a small group allows you to get in and out of sights quickly, and see some things you would not normally have time to see. My eldest son was able to attend the trip with us this year  as well and help with the filming at the sights. It was wonderful to see the work God was doing in his life on the trip.  

Each time I have gone to Israel I learn something new. Although there were many lessons I learned on this trip, one thing that stood out was seeing Jesus in His ministry as the Servant. Jesus came to seek and to save those who were lost. He humbled himself and became a servant. He came to glorify the Father through His death and resurrection. 
We visited so many amazing sights and our Bibles went from black and white to color. My favorite spot was the Sea of Galilee. So many things happened there in the ministry of Jesus. Its the place the disciples received their calling to follow Jesus. Also the Garden of Gethsemane was very special. We were able to have a whole hour in the garden. Another highlight was I got to hold a sheep and learn about being a Shepherd. 
 Prayerfully we are planning to go back to Israel next year around the same time. If you would like to get a feel for what the trip was like, you can go to our website and watch all the teachings from the sights. Because we were on the move the teachings aren't very long, but rather snapshots of the ministry of Jesus and other great biblical stories. God bless you and pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

Click on the Link Below to see some of the trip.. God bless

Videos From Israel