Monday, February 13, 2012

Saturday Night Alive

Yesterday after our services we held a meeting for those who had a desire to help with our new upcoming Saturday night service. I wasn't sure what to expect as it related to the turn out. However when the meeting came to order I was truly blessed by all of those who came and expressed a desire to help us with this new venture of faith. There were more folks there to help then we used to have come to our Wednesday night Bible study. thank you Jesus!
I expressed to those in attendance that I believed the Saturday evening service will minister to an entirely different group of people. For example those who work on sundays, parents who have children in sports, and others who like going to church Saturday night.  I also shared, that to me, it was like starting over again. When you first plant a church you don't really know what to expect. Your not sure who will show up. I find it all to be exciting. Folks signed up to help with children's ministry, hospitality, greeting, ushers, security etc. Seeing the group that turned out confirmed to me that this is something the Lord is calling us to do at this time. So we are going forward on our knees. Trusting that the Lord will honor His Word as it is proclaimed. And that as we serve together God would use us to minister to a lost a dying world. I pray that our Saturday Evening Service would be whatever Jesus wants it to be. 

Saturday Night Service begins: 
Saturday Night March 3rd,  6:00pm-7:30pm