Saturday, December 31, 2011

Farewell To FB in 2012

1 Corinthians 7:35 And this I say for your own profit, not that I may put a leash on you, but for what is proper, and that you may serve the Lord without distraction.


As I approach a new year I always tend to take stock of where I have been the previous year. I have much to be thankful for. The Lord has been so good to me and my family. Far more than I deserve. I am humbled by His grace, and thankful for His love. I also realize that there are areas in my life that I still want to grow in. I want to be a better man, husband, father, pastor, friend. 
Praying about this upcoming year I feel that in 2012 I want to limit distractions. A distraction can be that which divides the attention, or prevents concentration. Distractions do not always have to be bad things, but simply things that can divert your attention from the goal. 
I have made a decision in 2012 to go off of facebook. Although facebook has been a great tool of connecting with friends, and many ministry opportunities, its one of those things that can easily distract. Sometimes I would rather not know how far a person has drifted away from the Lord, by the pictures they post and the things they say. Honestly sometimes my heart breaks. I am not saying I want to be ignorant of needs, just not distracted in the race.
I DO NOT believe everyone should go off of facebook. And I DO NOT think it is a bad thing, nor sinful in anyway. As I said, it has been awesome to reconnect with so many friends and loved ones that I plan to stay connected with. For me, this year, I feel that I want to get a little more focused then I have been in 2011. Again I repeat, not a requirement for anyone else,  but me. 

I love you guys... I plan to still Twitter encouraging words and blog here on a daily walk.... if you ever need me here are my contacts. 

Staying Connected: 
twitter: @johnrandall7
email: adailywalk@gmail.com
instagram: @jrfoto
websites: www.ccsjc.com 
website: www.adailywalk.org 
office: 949-443-2572