Thursday, November 17, 2011

What's it to you?


"Its a narrow path I walk
 I need clear vision"


Peter, seeing him, said to Jesus, "But Lord, what [about] this man?" Jesus said to him, "If I will that he remain till I come, what [is that] to you? You follow Me." John 21:21-22

In John 21 Jesus was revealing to Peter what his future would entail. The words that Jesus shared with Peter were difficult to swallow. For the revelation had to do with his eventual death. Struggling with the will of God for his life, Peter immediately looked at John and said, "Lord what about this man?" In other words, "what about him? Will his life be different then mine? If so, that doesn't seem fair." The apostle was troubled, and so he looked around at others. 
In response, Jesus did answer Peter's question, He simply told him to "follow." Don't worry about them Peter. Quit looking at their situation. This is what I have for you,keep your eyes on me. 
How many times I have found the Lord saying those same words to me. "Keep your eyes on me John." Its easy to get sidetracked with trivial things. To get caught up in what they are doing over there. To find yourself troubled by what they are saying in that place. Yet the Lord whispers in our ear, "what is that to you, you follow me." It is my job to follow Jesus. I am to remain focused upon the Lord, and His calling on my life. I am to let the Lord work in that brothers life, or that sisters situation. He is far more capable then I am. 

When you are tempted to look at someone else, look at Jesus.