Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful

When it comes to being thankful, it is hard to know where to begin. There are so many things that I am grateful for in my life. I am thankful for my family. My wife of almost two decades, which by the way, is 20 yrs :0). I am thankful for my four kids who are growing way too fast. I am blessed to be a part of a loving church that has been so kind to me and family. To be able to pastor a church where people love Gods Word is a blessing. I am thankful for my heritage of godly parents who raised me in the Lord. I am thankful for health. Being able to get out of bed in the morning and walk, or surf. I am thankful for my dog..lol...yeah she is a blessing...All of these things and more...
However of all my blessings that I count on a daily basis, I am most thankful for my savior Jesus Christ. None of these things that I have already mentioned would be possible without Him. He has given me salvation. He has saved me from my sins and given me the hope of heaven. He has given me life and that more abundantly. He has given me His Word to instruct me how to live, and His Holy Spirit to empower me to live. This blog would go on for eternity if I could list all of the benefits of knowing the Lord. Anyway I wanted to take a few moments and let you know how thankful I am. 

One more thing, I am thankful for you. My friends who have been an ongoing encouragement in my life. The fact that you even take time, on occasion, to read these ramblings is an encouragement. I only pray that something you read on here from time to time would strengthen you in your journey. God bless you, and Happy Thanksgiving.