Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Be Real 2011

Be Real 2011
On Saturday my family and I made our way up to Ventura county. I was asked back in June if I would come and be a part of an outreach called Be Real 2011. Be real is an event where churches come together and put on a concert and preach the Gospel, and give people a chance to respond. I was asked to MC the event which would include introducing the artists and interacting with the audience and so forth. It was a lot of fun. My friend Brenton Brown was there with his band so it was great to hear them play again. We also made some new friends as well.That night the gospel was preached and over 100 people made decisions for Christ. What joy to see people come to Jesus.

CC Oxnard
The next morning I was excited to go to Calvary Chapel of Oxnard and share the Word at their services. Pastor Lance Rolston and his wife were a big inspiration for me and Michelle. They have been serving Jesus in Oxnard for almost 30years. It was an honor to speak in the church. The people were caring and receptive to us. You can tell a lot about a pastor by his congregation. Following the services we had a chance to go up to Santa Barbara. We had a great time as a family serving the Lord together and also fellowshipping with one another before everyone goes off to school.

As wonderful as it is to go and minister in other churches, it's always great to come back and be in our home church of San Juan. There is really no place I would rather be.