Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Bridgefest Praise Reports, New Jersey Update

I wanted to write and let you all the amazing things the Lord did while we were in New Jersey for the Bridgefest Outreach. Actually there were so many things that I cannot write them all down, but here goes with some highlights. 
BRIDGEFEST:  Is an outreach put on by the BridgeFM which is a radio station run by Calvary Chapel Old Bridge. The outreach is held in Ocean Grove New Jersey. Ocean Grove is a beautiful location on the Jersey shore, and is called Gods square mile. The Great Auditorium is located there. Ocean Grove was founded in 1869 by methodist clergymen. Over the years at least 10 presidents have spoken there. And man like Billy Sunday, and Billy Graham have preached there. Every year Calvary puts on an outreach to the community that is attended by many thousands. They invite Bible teachers who are listened to on the Bridge station, to come and speak. We have been on the Bridge for over a year at 630am monday through Friday. Brian Broderson, Jack Hibbs, Jack Abeelen, and myself were among the California pastors that attended. 
YOUTH RALLEY: Friday I had the privilege of addressing the young people in the youth temple. We have a great time of worship followed by a testimony from my friend Ryan Ries of the "Whosoevers". I spoke to the young people from Jeremiah 1. I talked about the call of God upon their lives. We had a great response and the Lord was faithful to move by His Holy Spirit. 
CONCERT: that evening there was concert held in the great auditorium. Musical guest included a groups Down Here, Francesca Bonestelli, and Brandon Heath. Brian Broderson shared his testimony, and Jack Hibbs preached the gospel, and many came forward to receive Christ. It was awesome. 
SURF CLINIC: Christian Surfers put on a surf clinic saturday morning with three classes. Before two of the classes I shared a devotional with the kids before their surf lessons. Then my son Jake and I as well as other instructors pushed kids into waves for three hours. 
PASTORS PERSPECTIVE: Throughout the day on Saturday they had a live pastors perspective show on the air. In the afternoon, Pastor Lloyd Pulley and myself, took questions live and gave Biblical answers. I was a little nervous because we didn't get the questions ahead of time. But the Lord was faithful. 
BEACH STAGE: on the beach they had a huge stage with musical groups playing and pastors preaching. I was asked to teach the final message of the day. I was asked to present the gospel and call people to make a decision for Christ. I do not consider myself to be and evangelist, thus I always get extra nervous. Yet again the Lord showed Himself strong in my weakness and people came forward to receive Christ. Following the preaching of the gospel, we immediately walked over for the baptism. Hundreds of people lined up to be baptized including the ones who had just got saved. It was amazing. 
CORNERSTONE CALVARY: Sunday morning I was invited to teach to the Word at the Cornerstone Calvary Chapel in Howell NJ, pastored by Chris McCarrick. The church body there was such a blessing. They were so receptive and appreciative of the Word. We felt right at home. Following the services we got on a train and went to New York. I will tell you all about New York in the next blog..
We had great response to our Radio Program. To God be all the glory that He uses the foolish things of the World. We praise Him alone for all HE has done. Thank you all for your prayers, we certainly couldn't have done it without them. PJ