Saturday, May 28, 2011

A Pastors Reminiscent Thoughts from a Wedding

While it's fresh in my mind I suppose I should write. Weddings are a joyful time of celebration. A couple goes through so much leading up to that moment. The preparation involved can sometimes be rather taxing. Invitations, registering, showers, parents, first apartments, dresses, tuxes, rehearsal, cakes, photos, videographer etc. But when it is all said and done and you arrive at the big day, it is all worth it. It is always wonderful when a couple starts off on the right foot. To see a couple in love with Jesus, and watch them grow together in the Lord is incredible. I have had the privilege of being involved in many weddings over the years. I love to be with the grooms before the wedding and pray. I like to see the nervous excitement and joyous elation upon their faces before the ceremony starts. I enjoy walking out to the music as it plays. The best part for me is observing the face of the groom when the doors open, and he sees his bride for the first time. It is electric and breathtaking all at the same time. It takes me back to almost nineteen years ago when I saw my bride for the first time. 
I often share with the grooms before we go out how that the Lord refers to His church as a bride. I say, "you know all the joy and love and excitement that you have to be with your bride at this moment?", "that is only a drop in the bucket of how much the Lord Jesus longs to be with us His bride." What a thought. To think that the Lord is longing for the day when He will be with His bride the church that He purchased through His death on the cross in overwhelming indeed. 

This scripture comes to mind tonight: Isaiah 62:5 And [asthe bridegroom rejoices over the bride, [So] shall your God rejoice over you.