Thursday, May 12, 2011

HOW?

Not by might, nor by power but by My Spirit, says the Lord of hosts. Zechariah 4:6

I started reading Zechariah this morning, and was once again reminded of this amazing verse. Isn't it incredible how you pray and ask the Lord for answers, then you read His Word and it speaks to you. I was praying about something in my own life and wondering, as we often do, concerning the "HOW". It is one of those things where, you don't doubt Gods power in any way, He is God. You doubt yourself. So in my own prayers over the last several days I was asking the Lord, "HOW". "How can it be done, how will it be done, how is it supposed to be done?" 
As I read through the Word, I got my answer. First of all ,the Lord revealed HOW it wasn't going to be done. It won't be accomplished by Might or Power. That is what we would assume. If we just try harder, contact the right person, etc... that is how we think it will be done. The Lord flat out says, NO that is not how its going down. Okay if it is not going to be done through might or power, whats next...? 
It is going to be accomplished by the Spirit of God. The Holy Spirit of God is far more capable than me. The Holy Spirit works according to the plan of God instead of man. The method and means He uses are so often different than what we would come up with.  
You may be saying today 'HOW LORD?" It is going to be a work of God's Holy Spirit, that's how. When the Spirit of God is moving you will know, and you will see, the Lord will make it clear. 

P.S. by the way if you are reader of this blog, i would love to hear how it is encouraging you ,and how I can be praying for you. Blessings.. PJ
adailywalk@gmail.com