Thursday, February 17, 2011

Updates on the Fam, the Church, and Surfing

FAMILY: One of our boys turned 14yrs. old last month, and our baby girl turned 7yrs old. Time is flying by way to fast. My oldest is in his second semester of School of Worship and preparing to head to montana to be further prepared for ministry at a Bible College there. My 11 yr. old is reading through the Bible. I asked him what he was reading he said " I am reading through  Romans now dad!" Im like " Oh Yeah". He is going to take over the church when he is fifteen...:0)
My bride and I had a great valentines day this week. I got to take her shopping. It is so funny as a man to go shopping. My favorite quote of the day was when my wife was buying some "accessories" and the lady at the counter says and I quote, " don't accessories just completely change your outfit?" I thought to my self I am not sure, but I will take your word for it.... 20yr class reunion is coming soon,, I cannot believe it i do not feel that old...surprise...
Cali the dog is rocking..as always.. she is a love.. 

CHURCH: We are still going through the book of Revelation at church. This weekend heading into chapter 14. Its been a radical time for our fellowship and the Lord is working in the lives of His people. To God be the glory. On Wednesdays I am teaching through 2 Kings. Michelle and I are ministering at the college group on Fridays it is a highlight for us. We love hanging with these guys and gals and sharing our lives and Jesus with them. We are also preparing to leave for israel at the end of March so stoked. We are traveling with Pastor Raul Ries, should be a great time. Iron Man Mens Ministry will be hosting my pastor, Pastor Brian Broderson, at our church on March 1st its gonna be sick. In April Easter in the Park ramps back up, pretty excited about taking church outside to the neighborhood. Umm, oh yeah... in June taking a team to New Jersey and New York to preach at the Bridgefest event. Super stoked about that. Praying for our church to someday have a parking lot, preferably with a building on it..:0)parking is an issue, praise Jesus. 

SURFING: I love it.. my one consistent form of exercise that brings me much joy. So stoked that two of my boys are totally into also. We have a lot of fun. Been longboarding a little more these days, but I still love the shortboard too. I wore a squid lid for the first time this morning. Its basically a wetsuit cap that keep your head warm,, by the way it worked... well thats all for now.. lov you guys... keep loving JESUS...

PS; Instagram is a cool app that you can have on your phone and share pictures with friends I am totally stoked on it.. check it out ,my name on there is jrfotos. we can swap pics...