Thursday, February 24, 2011

Camps and Retreats

 Next weekend we have two retreats taking place. One of the retreats is a youth retreat held at Green Valley Lake for High School age students. The other is our women's retreat in Murrietta. A time of retreat is a true blessing for the believer. You may recall the time in scripture when Jesus and His disciples were busy in ministry. The multitudes were gathering and there was no time to relax. Jesus then informed His disciples that it was time to get away and rest for a while.   "And He said to them, "Come aside by yourselves to a deserted place and rest a while." For there were many coming and going, and they did not even have time to eat. 
A retreat provides a time to rest and be refreshed in the Lord. A chance to get out of your normal element and routine and seek the face of Jesus. I have been on many a retreat in my life, only to have the Lord speak His promises to me. It's as if someone breathed fresh life into me and I returned to ministry with a renewed sense of purpose and hope. Its my prayer for all those attending that they would be encouraged and built up in their faith, to return with joy and refilled to serve the Lord.
If you haven't been on a retreat in awhile I encourage you to go. One person put it this way, " there are times when we need to come apart, lest we fall apart."