Friday, December 31, 2010

What is Ahead in 2011?

For most people I know, the Christmas season can get extremely busy. Once Christmas ends we begin looking toward a new year. This week I was able to get away for a few days with my family. We got to ride horses, play games,watch the snow fall, and reconnect before we embark on a new year together. I am thankful for such times. I praise God for what He did this past year. I was reflecting upon the faithfulness of the Lord in our lives. I am overwhelmed by His goodness and provision. 
As we come to 2011 I am excited to see what the Lord will do in a number of areas. With our family, ministry, and whatever else He has. I honestly don't know what to expect. I only know that I want to stay as close to the Lord as possible. I have a few desires. I would like to continue to grow in prayer. To become a better husband, father, and pastor. To continue to grow as a teacher of the Word. To continue to grow as a writer, as I have recently started a new book. The best way I know how to do these things is to keep doing what I have been doing. Love Jesus, love His Word, walk closely with Him. My resolution every year goes with my life verse....

Matthew 6:33 Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you. 

I will continue to live by this verse and see where the Lord takes us in 2011. 
We sure love you guys and pray God's blessings upon you this coming year. 



picture of my dog Cali...we had some great walks together in the snow!