Saturday, December 11, 2010

Married Life

Last night was a blessing. I got to drive up to Yucaipa and spend time with some married couples from Calvary Chapel Yucaipa. They have a great ministry there that hosts a series of events for married couples throughout the year. Last night was a married couples dinner. At first it was a little awkward because Michelle was unable to travel with me. So when I arrived I felt like a guy who goes to a dance without a date. I love my wife. Thankfully the pastor of the church and I got to sit together and talk about ministry and about Jesus. A few married couples, who were part of the ministry team, served the other couples a wonderful dinner. Following the desert we had a few songs of worship, and then I had a chance to share with the folks about Gods Plan For Marriage. We had a great time together, and I believe the Holy Spirit was working in the lives of those who attended. Keep CCY in your prayers as they are getting ready to break ground on their new facility. It is so exciting to see what God is doing there. It is also great when you can show up at a place and feel right at home with other believers who are of like mind. Thank You Jesus.

Last evening served as another good reminder that investing in our marriages has to be a priority. Spending time with our spouse helps strengthen and fortify the bond we have together. Being in fellowship with God's people, and reading God's Word; are key ingredients to a healthy married life. So thankful that God designed marriage, and that He left us with a plan for marriage.