Thursday, November 18, 2010

Potters House

In the book of Jeremiah the Lord encouraged the prophet to go down to a potter's house and observe him working with the clay. Then the Lord said to Jeremiah, ""O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter?" says the LORD. "Look, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel!" The Lord is the potter and Israel is the clay. Last night we had the privilege of observing a real life demonstration of this by Mike and Pam Rozell, of Pottersfield Ministries. 
Pastor Mike showed us how that the Lord is the potter and that He is molding and shaping our lives. The potter knows what He is making. The clay is unaware of the potters plan. The potter lovingly and consistently spins the clay and shapes it within his hands. The clay is to yield to the touch of the potter. We were reminded that we are God's workmanship created in Christ Jesus. The Lord started the work in us and He will be faithful to complete it. At one point in the presentation Mike began to take out the "gunk" within the pot. He and his wife Pam explained how this is the work that the Lord does within our hearts. Although I had seen the presentation before, the Lord ministered to me in a fresh way. He reminded me of His love for me. I understood that He is not done with me. It also reminded me of the power of God to change a life that is hardened by sin, and can be softened by the Word. If you ever get a chance to see Mike and Pam go, you will be radically blessed. I think they posted the video archive on our website. Also you can go to their website and get more information. 

Hey, if you are feeling today like you are spinning on the potter's wheel wondering what is taking place, rest assured the hands that are molding and shaping you are nail pierced hands. Which means they are hands of love.  Have a blessed day! PJ