Thursday, November 18, 2010

Night at the Avo Theater

Tonight was my friend Joe Henschel's CD release party at the Avo Theater in Vista, CA. I met Joe for the first time many years ago when he was in jr. high, when I worked at Calvary Chapel Vista. Now he is grown up, married, and a great musician.  I had the privilege of writing one of the  songs with Joe on his latest CD.  Joe also collaborated with Evan Wickham,who played keys tonight. Also our dear friend Alison,  from our worship team, sang an incredible duet with Joe.
Singing tonight brought back a lot of great memories. There was a time in my life when I felt that music was the direction the Lord was taking me. I loved to write music, and play music. Yet there came a point when God changed my course slightly. Don't get me wrong, I still love to worship the Lord with all my heart, but its been some time since i have written and "performed" anything. All I can say is I was inspired tonight to pick my guitar back up and write some more. Who knows maybe one of these days I will get some music out there. I have been talking about it forever, and even seeking to make a few attempts here and there. 
Suffice it to say Joe has a New CD out and its awesome. 

If you would like to get a hold of Joe Henschel's Latest CD or about how to see him live, you can go to his website... night gang...PJ