Monday, November 15, 2010

Never Alone

I am in the Sacramento area tonight filling in for a pastor friend of mine who is presently on a missions trip to Africa. It's exciting because my younger sister is also on that trip. Keep them in prayer. I am blessed to be back at this fellowship. It is the church of one of my favorite bible teachers and my former high school youth pastor. Would you lift me up in prayer tonight if you think about it. I want to represent our Lord humbly and faithfully. I desire to be a blessing to the congregation here. I don't want to simply teach another Bible study, I need the Lord Jesus to be here tonight. I need the anointing that only His Holy Spirit can provide. Speaking of the Holy Spirit while flying on the airplane I had a chance to do a little reading. I revisited a book I have read before. A book by R.A. Torrey on the work of the Holy Spirit.
In the first chapter he wrote that when a person begins to understand that the Holy Spirit is a person it has an amazing impact on their life. One thing that stood out to me today was the relationship we have with the Holy Spirit. He is always with us. When I comprehend His presence it is a great deterrent to sin. I love the Lord and therefore I would never want to do anything to jeopardize this love relationship. I also am blessed to know that i am not alone. It should bring tremendous joy to your heart today Christian to know that you are not alone. The Lord promised to be with us by His Holy Spirit even to the end of the age.

Thanks for your prayers!

PJ
Sent from my iPad