Tuesday, October 5, 2010

When My Life Changed Forever Again

My wife and I had only been
married for seven months when we found out that we were pregnant. I can still remember when Michelle told me the news. I was shocked and happy, I was "shappy". I am sure you could understand I was only twenty years old and I was going to be a father. This was all so new to me. Most of my friends were not even thinking about marriage, but I am married and going to be a dad. We found out before that we were going to have a boy. We looked through various name books trying to come up with something that would fit. We started out thinking lets call him Christian. Yet the Lord impressed upon me the name Jacob. So Jacob it would be. On October 5th, 1993 our son came into this world. It was one of the most amazing things in my life.
It is also amazing how fast time goes by and how quickly our kids grow up. If you a parent savor every moment you have with your kids. Because it won't be long until they grow up right in front of your eyes. We are thankful for all our children. We love our son and are so proud of him. We pray that he continues to seek and serve the Lord. Happy Birthday Jake!